1234 Part Number
3/8″ size of eye (maximum leather width)
SS = Stainless Steel
SB = Solid Brass
nickel = Plated Solid Brass
Changing to a different kind of snap:
- Bolt snaps are our standard hardware, as these are the most reliable and durable hardware we’ve found. However, we have lots of hardware options available to meet your needs.
- Scissor / Trigger snaps or spring gate snaps available if you don’t care for the bolt snaps. Many people find these easier to operate. However, in our experience, these are the least reliable hardware choices and are not recommended if you are looking for a super secure snap. Consider using a Safety Cord as a backup attachment. (see Leather Safety Cord, or woven Safety Cord)
- Shackle Snap: BLD’s exclusive tactical style, super secure, the quick release panic snap is designed to be the safest swivel snap option for working K-9s and dog sports, it releases in an instant by pulling the tab.
Notes about changing hardware:
- The option you choose will change both the color and style of the hardware–we’ll make all hardware on your leash match the color of the snap you choose! We won’t double-charge you to change the style and color.
- Note: the size refers to the LEATHER WIDTH that the hardware will fit on (determined by the width leash you choose).
- Remember that all of our hardware is the best quality available and is rust free (solid brass, chrome plated solid brass, or stainless steel, depending on the individual piece of hardware).
- We cannot guarantee performance of Scissor/Trigger snaps, but are happy to build your leash with whatever hardware works for you.
- Please allow extra time for your order to be made to your specifications.
Need to add or change other features? Click Here.