The six foot long 8-Way Lead™ is our most popular leash design. This European style, multi-functional lead is so versatile it’s like having eight leashes in one!
Our standard 8-Way Lead is just over six feet long at approximately 82 inches/208 cm long from bolt snap to bolt snap. It features a bolt snap at each end, 3 fixed rings, and one loose ring. This leash does NOT HAVE A FIXED LOOP HANDLE, rather it has a bolt snap at each end so you can use the leash in any configuration. This means that you can form a loop handle by clipping the bolt snap at the “handle-end” onto the first fixed ring.
- Can be shortened or lengthened to make a 6, 4 ½, or 3 ½ foot lead
- Excellent as a hands-free leash that can be worn across your body by placing the leash over your shoulder (approximately 4.5 ft. from your shoulder to the dog)
- Dual Control Option: you can connect one end of the leash to a training collar, and one to the regular collar
- Great for use with head collars or harnesses
- Excellent for Schutzhund/protection work, obedience training, service dogs, and everyday use
- This multi-functional lead can be clipped to a collar or harness, or may be used as a slip-collar for effective yet gentle training
This sturdy lead goes beyond the standard dog leash—be sure to check out the illustrations to see what this leash can do.
Want to see it in action? Watch a video demonstration of the leash!
See us make this leash live on the morning news! 9 News KUSA, Where in the Town
There are several options available for you to select from when ordering your new leash:
- Available with a belt feature: Selecting this option will add an Adjustable Ring and fob to the middle section of the leash to allow the leash to be worn hands-free around the waist.
- 8×8 version: Same features, just longer! Eight-foot-long 8×8 Lead makes an 8, 6, or 4 1/2-foot lead. When worn hands-free over the shoulder, it’s approximately 6 ft. from your shoulder to the dog. Approximately 105″ from bolt snap to bolt snap, this extra-long lead is designed for tall or larger people and/or short or small breed dogs. Made to order. Select the option “8×8 Longer 8ft version” to order this leash.
- Chew Resistant Chain version: This variation is made with a premium stainless-steel chain at the dog-end for dogs that are tempted to bite at their leash. This option replaces the leather at the “dog end” of the leash with 24″ of chain and omits the loose ring feature. If you wish to use the collar feature, simply clip the snap directly to the chain. Made to order. Select the hardware option to “Make with Chew Resistant Chain.” Only available in ¾” wide (19 mm).
Please see the Leather & Hardware Color tab for information on the color options that are available.
The 8-Way Lead™ is always the same length of approximately 82 inches/208cm from bolt snap to bolt snap, making it just over 6 feet long.
Also available in an eight-foot-long 8×8 Lead! It has the same features as the 8-Way lead, only longer! From bolt snap to bolt snap this leash measures approximately 105” long (~ 8.75 feet) and makes an 8, 6, or 4 1/2-foot lead. When worn hands-free over the shoulder, it’s approximately 6 ft. from your shoulder to the dog. This extra-long lead is designed for tall or larger people and/or short or small breed dogs. Made to order. Select the option “8×8 Longer 8ft version” to order this leash.
There are four different options for the width of the leather:
- Small (3/8” / 7mm. width)—Best for smaller and medium-sized dogs. Lighter weight leather is braided at both ends; this narrow width is very secure. Small yet strong hardware.
- Medium (1/2” / 11mm. width)—Great for medium sized dogs, yet sturdy enough for larger dogs. Great for people with petite hands, or who prefer a lighter weight leash. Braided at both ends. *Most popular choice! *
- Large (5/8” / 14mm. width)—For larger dogs, size fits well in your hands. Good sturdy weight with larger hardware. Screw posts used for durability at the “dog-end” of the lead.
- Extra Large (3/4” / 17mm. width)—Sized for large, giant, and very strong dogs. Great for people who like a big, sturdy leash. Heavy duty hardware. Screw posts used for durability at the “dog-end” of the lead.
Leather & Hardware Color
Our leather comes in two colors: tan and black.
Our standard leather/hardware color combinations are:
- Black leather with stainless steel/silver colored hardware
- Tan leather with brass/gold colored hardware
*If you would like a different leather/hardware color combination, select the option “Make with OTHER Color Hardware”.
*Note: brass hardware can stain white/light coated dogs. Sometimes the oil in dogs’ coats can create tarnish, a harmless chemical reaction.
About our leather:
Our Golden TAN BRIDLE leather is 100% American vegetable-tanned leather, made with NO dyes or toxic metallic chemicals. Reminiscent of fine English horse tack, this leather is superior in quality to any other leash you’ve seen. Every leash is HAND-OILED to bring out the softness, so your leash arrives supple and feels great in your hands immediately and only improves with age. The color will darken with use and age.
Our lovely BLACK LATIGO leather is solid black, and superior to ordinary leashes in texture and quality, cut from select USA hides. It is incredibly durable, yet is very flexible. Feels great in your hands and will simply get better with age.
Leather care is easy! Don’t worry too much, and don’t be afraid to use your items — we promise leather is incredibly resilient, and regular weather won’t hurt it. If you think your item looks dirty, dry, or just need a little extra love, pouring a little leather conditioner on a cloth, and rubbing it in like lotion will usually do the trick. Baths and a jaunt in the river are just fine, but you might want to offer a little conditioner to your products afterwards. Saltwater can be harsh, so after a visit to the ocean, a good rinse in fresh water and proper conditioning will help preserve and protect your treasured leash or collar. See our Leather Care page for more specific information.
We stand behind the quality of our products.
All Bold Lead Designs’ handcrafted leather & Brahma products that we make in our workshop are guaranteed against defects in materials and craftsmanship for life!
If your leather lead, Brahma lead, training equipment, or harness ever breaks or is damaged from regular use, simply contact Bold Lead Designs for a replacement or repair at no charge. There is no time limit. This is the best warranty in the industry.
If service is required, please see Warranty Claims & Repair Service below.
Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of covered product only, and does not cover things outside of our control such as chewing, neglect, misuse, normal wear, external trauma, or customer alterations. Bold Lead Designs reserves the right to determine if a repair or replacement is covered by our warranty. Items we don’t make in our workshop, such as accessories and consumable items, are excluded. Note: bldBASICS, any item sold as used or imperfect or marked with a star is excluded from this warranty or guarantee.
Limitation of Damages:
Guarantee/Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of product only. Bold Lead Designs, LLC, or its associates, cannot be responsible for any claims or liabilities beyond the scope of the guarantee. Chewing, neglect and misuse, customer alterations, external trauma, and items marked with a star void all warranties. No other warranties, expressed or implied, are made. User assumes all responsibility for proper and safe use of product and care of animal. Customer pays for shipping for warranty claims. This warranty is nontransferable.
Have a warranty issue? Need a repair or replacement?
Please contact us first so we can help determine the best way to get you taken care of!
If the product sustained damage under normal use, and is covered under warranty, we will make it right at no charge (just pay for shipping).
Non-warranty repairs and alterations may be available, even for chewing and external damage. Repair costs start at $5 plus shipping. We will provide an accurate quote upon assessing the damage.
What to do: Tell us what product you have and what the issue is. If you can, please email us photos of the damage so that we can determine the best solution (repair, replacement, or something else). Usually we will have you mail the item to us, in which case we ask that you send the item to us with a completed Warranty-Repair Form. Please download, fill it in, print, and include with your return.
All warranty claims and repairs must be accompanied by the form otherwise we won’t know what to do with your item when received. If you don’t have a printer, you may write out all the pertinent information on a paper and include it with the item. Customer is responsible for all related shipping costs.
Hodoku (verified owner) –
I am a canine behaviourist who works with dogs of all breeds who have behaviour issues. It is essential that I am free to use both hands and also free to engage with the dog whilst knowing that I have a good quality and length of lead. This lead ticks all the boxes. Exceptional quality and is very easy to maintain.
Being in Ireland I had to pay the customs fee, but I can assure you that it is worth every penny. I have already ordered the Atlas Lead.
Canine Behavioural Consultants and BAT practitioners.