BLD’s Leather Tracking Lead is custom made to order with your choice of leather, hardware, and assembly method. We use only the best leather that is always flexible and only improves with age. All edges are beveled for a smooth feel and top quality hardware ensures long lasting durability. We are so confident this is the last leash you will ever need that we offer a lifetime warranty!
Feel free to make special requests! We’ll work with you to be sure you have the perfect leash to meet your needs. Just indicate your preferences and we’ll touch base if we have questions or to recommend the best way to construct the leash for reliability. You’re always welcome to call if you’d like to discuss.
Choose the hardware color, handle style, assembly style, and make other notes to customize your leash!
- For the handle end, indicate if you’d like a regular handle loop fastened with a braid (standard option if not specified), screw posts, or NO handle at all. You can add a ring to the handle if you desire.
- Tracking Leads are made with a splice. Since the length of a single leather strap is limited by the length of a leather hide. In most cases, we splice the leather at 5-6 foot increments
- Braided splice is standard (as shown) and is the strongest option. If you have a specific location you’d like the splices, let us know (braided splices make excellent grips or distance gauges).
- Larger widths (L 5/8″ & XL 3/4″) are made with screw posts at the dog end for durability. Braids are used at other splice points. You can request no braids if you prefer screw posts.
- Smaller widths (S 3/8″ & M 1/2″) are always braided at the ends and splices.
Handcrafted in own workshop!
Available in lengths ranging from 8ft to 20ft.
Choose Width Size:
- Small (3/8” / 7mm. width)— Best for smaller and medium sized dogs. Braided at both ends and at each spot where two straps of material meet. This narrow width is very secure and has small yet strong hardware. Always braided at the ends and splices.
- Medium (1/2” / 11mm. width)— Most popular choice! Great for medium sized dogs, yet sturdy enough for larger dogs. Great for people with petite hands, or who prefer a lighter weight leash. Always braided at the ends and splices.
- Large (5/8” / 14mm. width)— Sized for larger dogs. Fits well in your hands. A good sturdy weight with larger hardware. Made with screw posts at the dog end for durability & braids are used at other splice points. You can request no braids if you prefer screw posts.
- Extra Large (3/4” / 17mm. width)— Sized for large, giant, and very strong dogs. Great for people who like a big, sturdy leash. Heavy duty hardware. Made with screw posts at the dog end for durability & braids are used at other splice points. You can request no braids if you prefer screw posts. *TAN HEAVY WEIGHT option is available by request if you need a monster leash.
- Heavy Duty (1″ wide / 24mm. width)— A monster leash. Seriously, It’s gigantic and super heavy. ONLY made with screw posts for durability–Braids NOT available for this size.
*Note: Smaller widths (S 3/8″ & M 1/2″) are always braided at the ends and splices.
*Larger widths (L 5/8″ & XL 3/4″) are made with screw posts at the dog end for durability and braids are used at other splice points. You can request no braids if you prefer screw posts.
Looking for a continuous length or a longer lead? Checkout our Brahma Leads here.
Bolt snaps, as shown, are the most reliable hardware we’ve found for this leash. Choose solid brass or stainless steel.
Our exclusive swivel Shackle Snap is now available! See details here.
Alternate hardware is available for the XL 3/4″ width if desired. Sorry, no other hardware selections available for the XXL 1″ width.
Our leather comes in two colors: tan and black. Read more about our leather color options below:
Our Golden TAN BRIDLE leather is 100% American vegetable-tanned leather, made with NO dyes or toxic metallic chemicals. Reminiscent of fine English horse tack, this leather is superior in quality to any other leash you’ve seen. Every leash is HAND-OILED to bring out the softness, so your leash arrives supple and feels great in your hands immediately and only improves with age. The color will darken with use and age.
Our lovely BLACK LATIGO leather is solid black, and superior to ordinary leashes in texture and quality, cut from select USA hides. It is incredibly durable, yet is very flexible. Feels great in your hands and will simply get better with age.
Leather care is easy! Don’t worry too much, and don’t be afraid to use your items — we promise leather is incredibly resilient, and regular weather won’t hurt it. If you think your item looks dirty, dry, or just need a little extra love, pouring a little leather conditioner on a cloth, and rubbing it in like lotion will usually do the trick. Baths and a jaunt in the river are just fine, but you might want to offer a little conditioner to your products afterwards. Saltwater can be harsh, so after a visit to the ocean, a good rinse in fresh water and proper conditioning will help preserve and protect your treasured leash or collar. See our Leather Care page for more specific information.
We stand behind the quality of our products.
All Bold Lead Designs’ handcrafted leather & Brahma products that we make in our workshop are guaranteed against defects in materials and craftsmanship for life!
If your leather lead, Brahma lead, training equipment, or harness ever breaks or is damaged from regular use, simply contact Bold Lead Designs for a replacement or repair at no charge. There is no time limit. This is the best warranty in the industry.
If service is required, please see Warranty Claims & Repair Service below.
Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of covered product only, and does not cover things outside of our control such as chewing, neglect, misuse, normal wear, external trauma, or customer alterations. Bold Lead Designs reserves the right to determine if a repair or replacement is covered by our warranty. Items we don’t make in our workshop, such as accessories and consumable items, are excluded. Note: bldBASICS, any item sold as used or imperfect or marked with a star is excluded from this warranty or guarantee.
Limitation of Damages:
Guarantee/Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of product only. Bold Lead Designs, LLC, or its associates, cannot be responsible for any claims or liabilities beyond the scope of the guarantee. Chewing, neglect and misuse, customer alterations, external trauma, and items marked with a star void all warranties. No other warranties, expressed or implied, are made. User assumes all responsibility for proper and safe use of product and care of animal. Customer pays for shipping for warranty claims. This warranty is nontransferable.
Have a warranty issue? Need a repair or replacement?
Please contact us first so we can help determine the best way to get you taken care of!
If the product sustained damage under normal use, and is covered under warranty, we will make it right at no charge (just pay for shipping).
Non-warranty repairs and alterations may be available, even for chewing and external damage. Repair costs start at $5 plus shipping. We will provide an accurate quote upon assessing the damage.
What to do: Tell us what product you have and what the issue is. If you can, please email us photos of the damage so that we can determine the best solution (repair, replacement, or something else). Usually we will have you mail the item to us, in which case we ask that you send the item to us with a completed Warranty-Repair Form. Please download, fill it in, print, and include with your return.
All warranty claims and repairs must be accompanied by the form otherwise we won’t know what to do with your item when received. If you don’t have a printer, you may write out all the pertinent information on a paper and include it with the item. Customer is responsible for all related shipping costs.