Let’s work together to create a totally unique custom design that suits all of your needs. Remember, we guarantee our work and know you will just LOVE your new leash.
Even if you’re not exactly sure what you need, just let us know what you want from your leash and we’ll make it work for you.
Brahma Leads: Soft-Grip leather alternative
Brahma Soft-Grip is constructed with webbing on the inside and a durable, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside. This durable material is great for any extreme weather condition, resilient in cold weather, and is resistant to abrasions. It’s kinder to the hands than webbing or rope, and also resists knotting and tangling. Easy to care for: just wipe clean with soap and water.
We use screw posts to fasten the handle and hardware, so there’s no stitching or rivets to wear out or come undone (braiding not available). Yes, our famous lifetime warranty stands behind the quality of this product.
First, select the basics:
Choose your color:
HUNTER ORANGE (high visibility)
HOT PINK (bright salmon color)
BRIGHT MINT GREEN
Choose the width:
- ½” wide (11 mm) for most dogs, medium and large breeds (medium sized hardware)
- ¾” wide (17 mm) for large breeds, this is a heavy-duty line (XL hardware, not recommenced for dogs under 80 pounds)
Next, how would you like the leash to attach to the dog?
- a leash snap to attach to his collar or harness? See photos for hardware options.
- Standard bolt snap? This is our standard hardware, it’s the most reliable. Brass or chrome brass unless specified.
- Scissor/trigger snap? Some people find these easier to operate, but they are the least reliable hardware in our experience.
- If there’s a specific hardware part number you’d like, please notate your preference.
- a built-in collar? The Fastener-Free Collar is a great option. See it here.
Then, tell us more about you and your dog and how you plan to use the leash. Points to consider…
- What do you want the leash to do? What activities do you do with your dog? How will you use it?
- understanding the purpose of the request will help us understand the best way to make your leash
- Do you want hands-free options?
- Wear over your shoulder, like a sash?
- Around the waist, like a belt?
- Handle style:
- regular loop handle?
- End with a bolt snap?
- Or specify your desires.
- Adjustable length?
- Specify the lengths you need. Just do some measuring in the various positions and activities you will want to use the leash for!
- Perhaps you want to wear the leash hands free, and have enough leash so your dog can lay down, THEN shorten the leash when he stands up. Measure each position and pass the details along to us.
- Would you like fixed rings? Loose rings? Extenders? Swivels? Detachments? Other special features? Just let us know how and where you’d like them!
- Special hardware requests?
- We will offer recommendations and advise get you what you want, and find the best way to construct your dream leash. We are experts in this sort of thing, and know our materials and tooling methods well–we’ll be up front if a request can be made more elegant or improved by tweaking the design. Trust us to find a great solution for your needs!
Have questions? Just contact us, we’re happy to help!
Note: as with other synthetic materials, the Brahma can build up static and attract dust and hair. But it easily rinses or wipes right off.