Let’s work together to create a totally unique custom design that suits all of your needs. Remember, we guarantee our work and know you will just LOVE your new leash.
Even if you’re not exactly sure what you need, just let us know what you want from your leash and we’ll make it work for you.
Brahma Leads: Soft-Grip leather alternative
Brahma Soft-Grip is constructed with webbing on the inside and a durable, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside. This durable material is great for any extreme weather condition, resilient in cold weather, and is resistant to abrasions. It’s kinder to the hands than webbing or rope, and also resists knotting and tangling. Easy to care for: just wipe clean with soap and water.
We use screw posts to fasten the handle and hardware, so there’s no stitching or rivets to wear out or come undone (braiding not available). Yes, our famous lifetime warranty stands behind the quality of this product.
Points to consider:
How would you like the leash to attach to the dog?
- a leash snap to attach to his collar or harness? See photos for hardware options.
- Standard bolt snap? This is our standard hardware, it’s the most reliable. Brass or chrome brass unless specified.
- Scissor/trigger snap? Some people find these easier to operate, but they are the least reliable hardware in our experience.
- If there’s a specific hardware part number you’d like, please notate your preference.
- a built-in collar? The Fastener-Free Collar is a great option. See it here.
Then, tell us more about you and your dog and how you plan to use the leash. Points to consider…
- What do you want the leash to do? What activities do you do with your dog? How will you use it?
- understanding the purpose of the request will help us understand the best way to make your leash
- Do you want hands-free options?
- Wear over your shoulder, like a sash?
- Around the waist, like a belt?
- Handle style:
- regular loop handle?
- End with a bolt snap?
- Or specify your desires.
- Adjustable length?
- Specify the lengths you need. Just do some measuring in the various positions and activities you will want to use the leash for!
- Perhaps you want to wear the leash hands free, and have enough leash so your dog can lay down, THEN shorten the leash when he stands up. Measure each position and pass the details along to us.
- Would you like fixed rings? Loose rings? Extenders? Swivels? Detachments? Other special features? Just let us know how and where you’d like them!
- Special hardware requests?
- We will offer recommendations and advise get you what you want, and find the best way to construct your dream leash. We are experts in this sort of thing, and know our materials and tooling methods well–we’ll be up front if a request can be made more elegant or improved by tweaking the design. Trust us to find a great solution for your needs!
Choose the width:
- ½” wide (12.7 mm) for most dogs, very sturdy for medium and large breeds
- ¾” wide (19 mm) for large breeds, this is a heavy-duty line (not recommenced for dogs under 80 pounds)
Choose the length:
- Available up to 25ft.
- If you’re looking for a longer lead, check out our Brahma tracking lead.
- HUNTER ORANGE (high visibility)
- BRIGHT MINT GREEN
- COBALT BLUE
We stand behind the quality of our products.
All Bold Lead Designs’ handcrafted leather & Brahma products that we make in our workshop are guaranteed against defects in materials and craftsmanship for life!
If your leather lead, Brahma lead, training equipment, or harness ever breaks or is damaged from regular use, simply contact Bold Lead Designs for a replacement or repair at no charge. There is no time limit. This is the best warranty in the industry.
If service is required, please see Warranty Claims & Repair Service below.
Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of covered product only, and does not cover things outside of our control such as chewing, neglect, misuse, normal wear, external trauma, or customer alterations. Bold Lead Designs reserves the right to determine if a repair or replacement is covered by our warranty. Items we don’t make in our workshop, such as accessories and consumable items, are excluded. Note: bldBASICS, any item sold as used or imperfect or marked with a star is excluded from this warranty or guarantee.
Limitation of Damages:
Guarantee/Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of product only. Bold Lead Designs, LLC, or its associates, cannot be responsible for any claims or liabilities beyond the scope of the guarantee. Chewing, neglect and misuse, customer alterations, external trauma, and items marked with a star void all warranties. No other warranties, expressed or implied, are made. User assumes all responsibility for proper and safe use of product and care of animal. Customer pays for shipping for warranty claims. This warranty is nontransferable.
Have a warranty issue? Need a repair or replacement?
Please contact us first so we can help determine the best way to get you taken care of!
If the product sustained damage under normal use, and is covered under warranty, we will make it right at no charge (just pay for shipping).
Non-warranty repairs and alterations may be available, even for chewing and external damage. Repair costs start at $5 plus shipping. We will provide an accurate quote upon assessing the damage.
What to do: Tell us what product you have and what the issue is. If you can, please email us photos of the damage so that we can determine the best solution (repair, replacement, or something else). Usually we will have you mail the item to us, in which case we ask that you send the item to us with a completed Warranty-Repair Form. Please download, fill it in, print, and include with your return.
All warranty claims and repairs must be accompanied by the form otherwise we won’t know what to do with your item when received. If you don’t have a printer, you may write out all the pertinent information on a paper and include it with the item. Customer is responsible for all related shipping costs.