Let’s work together to create a totally unique custom design that suits all of your needs. Remember, we guarantee our work and know you will just LOVE your new leash. Bold Lead Designs’ Lifetime Warranty assures the highest quality and durability available.
Even if you’re not exactly sure what you need, just let us know what you want from your leash and we’ll make it work for you.
First, select the basics:
- Black Latigo OR Tan Bridle Leather
- Select the width (S 3/8”, M 1/2”, L 5/8”, XL ¾”)
- Color of hardware (Stainless Steel OR Brass)
Next, how would you like the leash to attach to the dog?
- A leash snap to attach to their collar or harness (See photos for hardware options):
- Standard bolt snap: This is our standard hardware and it’s the most reliable. Choice of either stainless steel (silver color) OR brass (gold color).
- Scissor/trigger snap: Some people find these easier to operate, but they are the least reliable hardware in our experience.
- If there’s a specific hardware part number you’d like, please notate your preference.
- Built-in collar: The Fastener-Free Collar is a great option. See it here.
Finally, tell us more about you and your dog and how you plan to use the leash.
What do you want the leash to do? What activities do you do with your dog? How will you use it? Understanding the purpose of the request will help us determine the best way to make your leash. Points to consider…
- Hands-free options:
- Wear over your shoulder, like a sash
- Around the waist, like a belt
- Handle style:
- Regular loop handle
- Regular loop handle with O-ring (loose ring on handle)
- O-ring (no handle, leash ends in a plain O-ring)
- Bolt snap at end (no handle)
- Open handle (bolt snap, clips to ring 18″ from end)
- No handle (straight end)
- Adjustable length:
- Specify the lengths you need. Just do some measuring in the various positions and activities you will want to use the leash for!
- Perhaps you want to wear the leash hands free, and have enough leash so your dog can lay down, THEN shorten the leash when they stand up. Measure each position and pass the details along to us.
- Would you like fixed rings? Loose rings? Braided grip points? Extenders? Swivels? Detachments? Other special features? All in one multi-dog leash? Whatever you like!
- Special assembly requests?
We will offer recommendations and advice, get you what you want, and find the best way to construct your dream leash. We are experts in this sort of thing, and know our materials and tooling methods well–we’ll be up front if a request can be made more elegant or improved by tweaking the design. Trust us to find a great solution for your needs!
If you like one of our existing leash designs, but only need minor changes to make it just right, this may be less expensive. Customizing one of our leash designs starts at only $5 per modification.
Have questions? Just contact us, we’re happy to help!
Leather & Hardware Color
Our leather comes in two colors: tan and black.
Our standard leather/hardware color combinations are:
- Black leather with stainless steel/silver colored hardware
- Tan leather with brass/gold colored hardware
*If you would like a different leather/hardware color combination, select the option “Make with OTHER Color Hardware”.
*Note: brass hardware can stain white/light coated dogs. Sometimes the oil in dogs’ coats can create tarnish, a harmless chemical reaction.
About our leather:
Our Golden TAN BRIDLE leather is 100% American vegetable-tanned leather, made with NO dyes or toxic metallic chemicals. Reminiscent of fine English horse tack, this leather is superior in quality to any other leash you’ve seen. Every leash is HAND-OILED to bring out the softness, so your leash arrives supple and feels great in your hands immediately and only improves with age. The color will darken with use and age.
Our lovely BLACK LATIGO leather is solid black, and superior to ordinary leashes in texture and quality, cut from select USA hides. It is incredibly durable, yet is very flexible. Feels great in your hands and will simply get better with age.
Leather care is easy! Don’t worry too much, and don’t be afraid to use your items — we promise leather is incredibly resilient, and regular weather won’t hurt it. If you think your item looks dirty, dry, or just need a little extra love, pouring a little leather conditioner on a cloth, and rubbing it in like lotion will usually do the trick. Baths and a jaunt in the river are just fine, but you might want to offer a little conditioner to your products afterwards. Saltwater can be harsh, so after a visit to the ocean, a good rinse in fresh water and proper conditioning will help preserve and protect your treasured leash or collar. See our Leather Care page for more specific information.
We stand behind the quality of our products.
All Bold Lead Designs’ handcrafted leather & Brahma products that we make in our workshop are guaranteed against defects in materials and craftsmanship for life!
If your leather lead, Brahma lead, training equipment, or harness ever breaks or is damaged from regular use, simply contact Bold Lead Designs for a replacement or repair at no charge. There is no time limit. This is the best warranty in the industry.
If service is required, please see Warranty Claims & Repair Service below.
Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of covered product only, and does not cover things outside of our control such as chewing, neglect, misuse, normal wear, external trauma, or customer alterations. Bold Lead Designs reserves the right to determine if a repair or replacement is covered by our warranty. Items we don’t make in our workshop, such as accessories and consumable items, are excluded. Note: bldBASICS, any item sold as used or imperfect or marked with a star is excluded from this warranty or guarantee.
Limitation of Damages:
Guarantee/Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of product only. Bold Lead Designs, LLC, or its associates, cannot be responsible for any claims or liabilities beyond the scope of the guarantee. Chewing, neglect and misuse, customer alterations, external trauma, and items marked with a star void all warranties. No other warranties, expressed or implied, are made. User assumes all responsibility for proper and safe use of product and care of animal. Customer pays for shipping for warranty claims. This warranty is nontransferable.
Have a warranty issue? Need a repair or replacement?
Please contact us first so we can help determine the best way to get you taken care of!
If the product sustained damage under normal use, and is covered under warranty, we will make it right at no charge (just pay for shipping).
Non-warranty repairs and alterations may be available, even for chewing and external damage. Repair costs start at $5 plus shipping. We will provide an accurate quote upon assessing the damage.
What to do: Tell us what product you have and what the issue is. If you can, please email us photos of the damage so that we can determine the best solution (repair, replacement, or something else). Usually we will have you mail the item to us, in which case we ask that you send the item to us with a completed Warranty-Repair Form. Please download, fill it in, print, and include with your return.
All warranty claims and repairs must be accompanied by the form otherwise we won’t know what to do with your item when received. If you don’t have a printer, you may write out all the pertinent information on a paper and include it with the item. Customer is responsible for all related shipping costs.