One-Size-Fits-All Design: The Perfect Pace Halter Leash self-adjusts to fit almost any size dog (20 pounds or larger) that does not have a short/flat muzzle.*
Woven Material from $25.00
- The soft woven version is made from a lightweight yet strong tube-like material with no hard edges, it is 3/8″ wide.
- Improved cord-lock adjustment for a better fit–simply press the spring-loaded button to adjust! (The original style has a leather fob that loosened over time.)
- A variety of colors are available!
- Choose REGULAR length (approx. 4 feet of leash), or LONG (approx. 6 feet of leash). Actual length of the leash portion depends on your dog’s actual head/neck size.
Leather from $55.00
- Leather is sturdier and more durable! Our flexible leather is the best quality you’ll find anywhere. The edges are beveled for a smooth feel. ONLY available in REGULAR length.
- The standard leather version is made from 3/8″ width leather is best for most dogs under 100 pounds, or select WIDE leather that is 1/2″ width for giant breed or very strong dogs
- Choose golden TAN bridle leather (that darkens with use and age) with solid brass hardware (gold color)
- Or choose BLACK latigo leather with chromed solid brass/stainless hardware (silver color)
- All leather items come with our unmatched Lifetime Warranty.
About the Perfect Pace Products
The Perfect Pace is a halter/head collar designed to stop your dog from pulling and lunging on the leash. The comfortable figure-eight design fits around your dog’s upper neck and snout, crisscrossing under the chin. The lead comes off the top of the neck, eliminating pressure on the throat. It does not pull the dog’s face to the side or irritate the eyes. Lightweight construction is strong yet comfortable for your dog and your hands.
How the Perfect Pace Works: When your dog pulls, pressure is applied gently behind the head and under the jaw: these pressure points are calming for your dog, encouraging focus. The upward pressure raises your dog’s head and reminds him to pay attention to you with less resistance.
Safer and Healthier for Your Dog: Other head collars/halters prompt people to “steer” their dog around by the face. The Perfect Pace motivates your dog to pay attention to you, and learn good behavior & leash manners.
Simple & Humane: For many dogs, the Perfect Pace is more natural and effective than other training tools, and a great training solution for dogs that are stronger than their handlers, or that don’t respond well to other training tools. Many dogs prefer this style of halter because the leash does not dangle under their chin or force them to turn their head. The lightweight, minimal design is less annoying than other halters. Professional dog trainers love this training tool because it is not aversive!
For best results, we recommend using positive reinforcement training to desensitize your dog to the sensation of the halter on his snout before using this product. The novelty of “stuff on my face” can be distracting for some dogs, but with positive reinforcement, your dog can quickly learn to accept it!
Not a Muzzle: Dogs can pant, eat treats, drink, and pick up toys while wearing this halter.
It Works Differently: Dogs that have struggled with other collars, halters, or harnesses often accept the Perfect Pace willingly and respond with calm focus and attention. If other training tools have not been right for your dog, try this one and we’ll stand behind it with our Satisfaction Guarantee.
User-Friendly Package: your Perfect Pace will come with great instructions and links to helpful videos on PerfectPaceDog.com.
Made in USA: Product is designed and handcrafted in the USA. Package is designed, printed, and assembled in Colorado. Woven material and tan leather is also American made!
*NOT for dogs under 20 lbs.
Recommended for medium and larger breeds (over 20 lbs.) due to the way pressure is applied.
*Do NOT use on brachycephalic dogs with short/flat muzzles (such as pugs, bulldogs, and boxers),
on dogs prone to breathing problems, with soft or narrow tracheas or similar medical conditions
(brachycephalic breeds are more prone): consult your veterinarian if you have questions or concerns.
Please read and follow the instructions and reminders in the package before using this product.
Remember that no training device works on every dog. Any tool is only as good as the hands that use it.