The six foot long 8-Way Lead™ is our most popular leash design. This European style, multi-functional lead is so versatile it’s like having eight leashes in one!
Our standard 8-Way Lead is just over six feet long at approximately 82 inches/208cm long from bolt snap to bolt snap. It features a bolt snap at each end, 3 fixed rings, and one loose ring. This leash does NOT HAVE A LOOP HANDLE, rather it has a bolt snap at each end so you can use the leash in any configuration. All Brahma leads are assembled with screw posts (no braids).
- Can be shortened or lengthened to make a 6, 4 ½, or 3 ½ foot lead
- Excellent as a hands-free leash that can be worn across your body by placing the leash over your shoulder (approximately 4.5 ft. from your shoulder to the dog)
- Dual Control Option: you can connect one end of the leash to a training collar, and one to the regular collar
- Great for use with head collars or harnesses
- Excellent for Schutzhund/protection work, obedience training, service dogs, and everyday use
- This multi-functional lead can be clipped to a collar or harness, or may be used as a slip-collar for effective yet gentle training
Want to see it in action? Watch a video demonstration of the leash!
This sturdy lead goes beyond the standard dog leash—be sure to check out the illustrations to see what this leash can do.
There are several options available for you to select from when ordering your new leash:
- Available with a belt feature ($): Selecting this option will add an Adjustable Ring and fob to the middle section of the leash to allow the leash to be worn hands-free around the waist.
- 8×8 version ($): Same features, just longer! Eight-foot-long 8×8 Lead makes an 8, 6, or 4 1/2-foot lead. When worn hands-free over the shoulder, it’s approximately 6 ft. from your shoulder to the dog. Approximately 105? from bolt snap to bolt snap, this extra-long lead is designed for tall or larger people and/or short or small breed dogs. Made to order. Select the option “Make it Longer” to order this version.
- Chew Resistant Chain version ($): This variation is made with a premium stainless-steel chain at the dog-end for dogs that are tempted to bite at their leash. This option replaces the Brahma at the “dog end” of the leash with 24 inches of chain and omits the loose ring feature. If you wish to use the collar feature, simply clip the snap directly to the chain. Made to order. Select the hardware option to “Make with Chew Resistant Chain.” Only available in ¾” wide (19 mm).
Please see the Brahma & Hardware Color tab for information on the color options that are available.
Available Brahma widths:
- ½” wide (12.7 mm) for most dogs, medium and large breeds. Most popular size!
- ¾” wide (19 mm) for large breeds, this is a heavy-duty leash (not recommended for dogs under 80 pounds)
- HUNTER ORANGE (high visibility)
- BRIGHT MINT GREEN
- COBALT BLUE
Note: as with other synthetic materials, the lead can build up static and attract dust and hair. But it easily wipes right off.
We stand behind the quality of our products.
All Bold Lead Designs’ handcrafted leather & Brahma products that we make in our workshop are guaranteed against defects in materials and craftsmanship for life!
If your leather lead, Brahma lead, training equipment, or harness ever breaks or is damaged from regular use, simply contact Bold Lead Designs for a replacement or repair at no charge. There is no time limit. This is the best warranty in the industry.
If service is required, please see Warranty Claims & Repair Service below.
Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of covered product only, and does not cover things outside of our control such as chewing, neglect, misuse, normal wear, external trauma, or customer alterations. Bold Lead Designs reserves the right to determine if a repair or replacement is covered by our warranty. Items we don’t make in our workshop, such as accessories and consumable items, are excluded. Note: bldBASICS, any item sold as used or imperfect or marked with a star is excluded from this warranty or guarantee.
Limitation of Damages:
Guarantee/Warranty is limited to replacement or repair of product only. Bold Lead Designs, LLC, or its associates, cannot be responsible for any claims or liabilities beyond the scope of the guarantee. Chewing, neglect and misuse, customer alterations, external trauma, and items marked with a star void all warranties. No other warranties, expressed or implied, are made. User assumes all responsibility for proper and safe use of product and care of animal. Customer pays for shipping for warranty claims. This warranty is nontransferable.
Have a warranty issue? Need a repair or replacement?
Please contact us first so we can help determine the best way to get you taken care of!
If the product sustained damage under normal use, and is covered under warranty, we will make it right at no charge (just pay for shipping).
Non-warranty repairs and alterations may be available, even for chewing and external damage. Repair costs start at $5 plus shipping. We will provide an accurate quote upon assessing the damage.
What to do: Tell us what product you have and what the issue is. If you can, please email us photos of the damage so that we can determine the best solution (repair, replacement, or something else). Usually we will have you mail the item to us, in which case we ask that you send the item to us with a completed Warranty-Repair Form. Please download, fill it in, print, and include with your return.
All warranty claims and repairs must be accompanied by the form otherwise we won’t know what to do with your item when received. If you don’t have a printer, you may write out all the pertinent information on a paper and include it with the item. Customer is responsible for all related shipping costs.