The only leather harness of it’s kind:
Bold Lead Designs has perfected the no-pull, front-clip walking harness! Choose full grain leather or Brahma Soft-Grip material (vegan).
- Pain free, force free, humane, and effective training.
- Facilitates communication with your dog.
- Redirects unwanted pulling and offers directional cues.
- No pressure on throat and does not restrict head.
- Front connection point discourages pulling by redirecting the dog’s forward movement back around toward you.
- Back connection point applies pressure around the dog’s body to slow movement.
- Leash clips to the front, back, or both!
- Does not tighten or pinch
- Durable to restrain even the strongest dog.
- Leather is gentle on the coat, does not rub or pinch dog’s fur
- Brahma is waterproof and extra heavy-duty
- Adjustable for a perfect fit.
- Easy on and off with metal Quick-Release buckles.
- Premium American leather and quality hardware
- Handcrafted in the USA!
- Lifetime Guarantee!
This is a very sturdy harness for dogs 50 pounds and up. Please measure your dog’s girth: behind the front legs around the deepest part of the chest. We recommend using a fabric measuring tape or a piece of string; measure 3 times for accuracy. Always measure before ordering to ensure a proper fit! Weight and breeds are listed for reference, but do not replace the importance of measuring.
- Small: DISCONTINUED – due to the substantial nature of the straps and hardware, this harness is too heavy/bulky for smaller dogs
- Medium: girth/chest size of 28-32″ (71-81 cm), dogs approximately 50-70 pounds.
Suggested breeds: Aussie, Small Lab or Golden Retriever, Husky, large Pit Bull, large Standard Poodle, Malinois, Weimeriners
- Med/Large for deep chested dogs: girth/chest size of 32-35″ (81-90 cm), dogs approximately 60-80 pounds.
Suggested breeds: large and tall Retrievers, larger Weimeriner, smaller German Shepherd or Doberman
- Large: girth/chest size of 32-35″ (81-90 cm), dogs approximately 80-110 pounds.
Suggested breeds: Large German Shepherd, Doberman, Am. Staffordshire
- Extra Large : girth/chest size of 36-40″ (91-102 cm), dogs approximately 110-140 pounds.
Suggested breeds:Great Dane, Rottweiler, Bernese Mountain Dog, Newfoundland
If your dog is between sizes, size down. If your dog is young and growing, consider selecting one size larger than his current measurement. Please realize that a harness that fits a 4 month old puppy will probably not adjust large enough for when he’s full grown.
Brahma Soft-Grip material: Our vegan option is strong as a Brahma bull, this man-made leather alternative is great for your adventurous pal. It can take a beating through brush, muck, and saltwater. It is flexible has a nice weight and feel that resembles leather. It won’t absorb dirt & moisture like rope, nylon or fabric, and does not rub like nylon webbing. This sturdy material and hardware is pretty heavy and only recommended for dogs over 50 pounds. Only available in 1″ width. If you wish for an animal-free product, please omit the sheepskin pad when you order.
Our Golden TAN BRIDLE Leather is 100% American vegetable tanned leather, made with NO dyes or toxic metallic chemicals. Leather is HAND-OILED to bring out the softness, so it arrives supple and only improves with age. The color will darken with use and age.
Our lovely BLACK LATIGO is solid black, and superior to ordinary pet products in texture and quality, cut from select from USA hides. It is incredibly durable, yet is very flexible. Simply gets better with age.
- 3/4″ width available on M, M/L or L sizes
- 1″ width available on L or XL sizes; heavy-duty
This harness has 5 adjustment points to assure a perfect fit for your dog’s individual body! Adjustments can be made around the shoulders, girth/chest, and between the front legs. Initial fit adjustments can take a little time, but once it’s fit to your dog properly, the harness is very easy to use. No need to fuss with cumbersome buckles every time you use the harness thanks to our convenient metal Quick-Release buckles.
Guaranteed Fit and Quality:
We want to be sure you have a properly fitted harness. Measuring before you order is the best way to assure a proper fit. However, once you receive the harness, if it is not fitting properly, simply contact us and we’ll help find the best solution! Check out our satisfaction guarantee.
We stand behind the quality of our work with a Lifetime Warranty! Materials and workmanship are guaranteed for life.
Accessories: available separately:
- Leads: This harness can be used with any double-ended leash, but we’ve designed the Two Point Leash especially for this harness! Check out our special leather Two Point Leash.
- Sheepskin Padding: We found an American company to make beautiful, soft sheepskin wraps to enhance the comfort of this harness. Check out our Sheepskin Padding Wraps here.
Fantastic for BLIND or DEAF dogs! Because this harness facilitates communication and directional cues, it’s perfect for special needs dogs that require some guidance. In fact, this harness was developed with and first tested on the owner’s blind dog Cora, the shepherd mix in the photos.
Cora lost her vision at 9 years old and struggled to walk on a leash because she couldn’t figure out where or how fast her person was going! She weaved, alternated between plowing ahead and lagging behind, and ran into objects on her daily walk which caused confusion. In her new harness, Cora immediately appreciated the close-contact and communication that the two attachment points provided, and walks smoothly and easily now. It is easy to direct and guide her with very light pressure, almost like reins on a horse. Slight tension is kept on both ends of the leash which allows her to feel exactly where her human is, and what direction to go. I would recommend this for dogs that are blind, deaf, or that have other neurological or behavioral issues that would benefit from improved contact and cues from their handler. –Katrina Boldry
Note: This is not a pulling harness. Should not be used for weight pulling, cart pulling, wheelchair pulling, skijoring, tracking, balance, etc. Not intended as a seat belt restraint; it has not been tested for this purpose.