Do you have a dog who mysteriously is able to shake loose of a regular leash snap? This is the solution! Unlike spring gate dog leash hardware (the kind where the gate swings in), this one will not pop off the dog’s collar/harness when twisted. Furthermore, unlike traditional bolt snaps (the kind where the lever pulls down to open the gate), it will not accidentally release if caught on brush, nor will it be shaken loose when used properly. Unlike rock climbing carabiners that can be both massive and expensive, this snap is appropriately sized for dogs and swivels to prevent leash tangles.
This snap is not necessarily fast to attach or detach, but this is why it can provide a great sense of security! A note to our disabled friends: this requires good dexterity to operate.
Four sizes to suit different material widths:
- small fits 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) straps, for small dogs under 30 pounds (NOT for larger or very strong dogs due to the dainty, small gauge size)
- medium fits 1/2 inch (12.7 mm) wide straps, medium gauge snap
- large fits any width UP TO 3/4 inch (round eye) heavy guage snap
- XL fits 3/4 inch (19.5 mm) wide straps, heavy guage snap
- XXL fits 1 inch (25 mm) wide straps, heavy guage snap
How to use:
- Spin the lock to open (clockwise) and release the gate
- Snap onto the dog’s collar or harness
- Spin the lock closed (counterclockwise) to secure the gate
- Always spin the lock completely closed when in use on the dog’s collar or leash to ensure the snap is locked
Caution! Do not use the snap in the “open” unlocked position. This snap must be fully locked closed when in use. Failure to spin the gate lock closed may cause the hook to bend out of alignment and fail. The lock sheath reinforces the hook part of the snap to make it secure. BLD’s leash warranty assumes proper use of this snap.