***The listed handle height/length is approximate; there may be variance of plus or minus one inch (2.5 cm).***
- AS-IS: More noticeable flaws or signs of shelf-wear and therefore cannot be warrantied, but are absolutely functional.
These AS-IS items may have been used as samples, made in the wrong size, have been returned, have material imperfections such as irregular sewing and/or otherwise are deemed to be irregular. Each item has been inspected and verified to be functional and structurally sound; this means these Sample Sale items will perform as intended.
Sample Sale Handle details:
- Listed measurements are the functional handle length from the top of the harness saddle to the handle grip when attached to the lower handle mounts on a BAH OR MSH saddle
- The width of the dog can affect the actual handle length/height by an inch or so; all handles have been measured on a 9″ wide mannequin dog
- Please measure for your handle before purchasing
- Flexible leather handles are made with double-layered leather and will soften and slump over time with use
- Semi-Rigid leather handles have a reinforced core for a stiffer feel and will hold their shape better with use
- Handles 4.5″ or taller have a brace strap (horizontal strap to hold the handle in a U-shape).
- All measurements are approximate and may vary by up to one inch (2.5 cm)
- Please review the PDF: Replacement leather handles for BAH MSH with measuring suggestions
Balance Handle (for Balance Assistance Harness) with quick release buckles:
Mounts low on the Balance Assistance Harness with quick-release buckles. This handle is vertical and is designed for counterbalance stability. Can also be used as leather Guide Handle on either the MSH or BAH, if the harness is equipped with quick-release guide handle mounts (these are located just below the breast plate shoulder straps). If used as a Guide Handle, the functional length will be approximately 3 inches (7.6 cm) longer than stated. For example: a 7 inch balance handle is about same as a 10 inch guide handle.
Support Pull Handles with spring snaps:
BAH or MSH Support Pull Handle clips to the lower “support D-rings” with spring snaps. This handle angles back slightly and is designed for momentum pulling, and can provide counterbalance. Two numbers are shown; the first number is for a standard size harness, the second is for an XL size. 4/5x means that this handle will be approximately 4″ tall on a standard size harness, and 5″ on an XL size harness.
Harness must be equipped with lower D-rings and “mouse ear loops.” Mouse ear loops can be added to Standard or Giant sized BAH or MSH harnesses. Request mouse-ear loops when you order; install them yourself with a screw driver. Handles 4.5″ or taller have a brace strap (horizontal strap to hold the handle in a U-shape).