Replacement belly strap for Mobility Support or Basic Assistance harness. 1 1/4″ wide strap tapers to 3/4″ for buckles, made from our soft and flexible leather and lined with shearling sheepskin padding with a standard “female” quick-release latch. Strap will buckle and adjust on one side of the harness, and click onto the quick-release latch on the other side.
Strap size: std/xl
Two numbers are shown; the first number is for a standard size harness, the second is for an XL size. 30/33 means that this strap fits a dog with a 30″ belly in a standard size harness, and a 33″ belly in the XL size harness. Each strap has several inches of adjustment. Select the size that is closest to your dog’s belly measurement.
|1100-1116: Belly Straps|
|Item #||Item Type||Material Color||Buckle Type||Size on Standard Harness||Size on XL Harness||Condition||$|
|1100||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||28″||31″||Stitching and leather imperfections||20|
|1101||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||31″||34″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1102||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||35″||38″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1103||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||33″||36″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1104||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Magnetic Latch||28″||31″||Light signs of use||30|
|1105||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||33″||36″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1106||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||29″||32″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1107||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||33″||36″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1108||Belly Strap||Black Latigo Leather||Quick Release Buckle||34″||37″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1113||Belly Strap||Golden Tan Bridle Leather||Quick Release Buckle||28″||31″||Leather is scuffed on buckle end||20|
|1114||Belly Strap||Golden Tan Bridle Leather||Quick Release Buckle||29″||32″||Stitching and leather imperfections||20|
|1115||Belly Strap||Golden Tan Bridle Leather||Quick Release Buckle||31″||34″||Stitching imperfections||20|
|1116||Belly Strap||Golden Tan Bridle Leather||Quick Release Buckle||30″||33″||Stitching imperfections||20|
How to measure for the belly strap:
- First, get out the very best treats you have, perhaps cheese, ham, or peanut butter! This is a great opportunity to have a helper bait your dog with a fistful of soft treats to keep your dog focused on trying to lick the food. No helper? Smear something tasty on a paper plate and tape it to the wall at the dog’s eye level.
- Use a cloth/tailor’s measuring tape or a string for measuring around your dog’s body. Use a flat ruler for the width.
- Pro Tip: if your dog is nervous with a measuring tape, try using a leash around their body, then measure the leash separately.
- Have the dog stand square and balanced when taking all
- For accurate measurements, be sure your dog is standing and square (no sitting or lying down). Keep the measuring tape snug.
- The withers are where the dog’s shoulder blades stick up.
- Locate the “sweet spot,” this is where the dog’s back begins, just behind the withers.
Measure the belly:
- Feel under your dog’s ribs and locate the place where his/her ribs come together underneath, just before the soft part of his belly. Or count 4 ribs from the back of your dog’s rib cage, and palpate to notice the notch where the deep part of the his chest recedes up toward the belly area.
- Bring the measuring tape under this point of the dog’s ribs, and pull the tape snugly back up to the “sweet spot.”
- The measuring tape should be at a diagonal, a few inches behind where the girth was measured.
- Pro Tip: put the measuring tape under your dog and “see-saw” it back and forth while pulling forward toward the withers—this settles the tape nicely under the belly.
- Be careful not to measure vertically around the dog’s waist, or place the measuring tape so far back it reaches the dog’s flanks—both will yield inaccurate measurements.
- Boxy or long bodied dogs may not have a clearly defined tuck, just try your best.