Handcrafted in own workshop!
Traditional Leather Dog Lead:
Quite simply the best dog leash you’ve seen at a price that can’t be beat. Made of our soft and extremely durable leather. This is the best quality leash you will find anywhere. There is no stitching to come undone or rivets to wear out. We use only the best and most durable leather that is always soft to the touch and only improves with age. All edges are beveled for a smooth feel. Top quality hardware assures strength and durability. We believe so strongly in the quality of our work, we offer a LIFETIME WARRANTY. Smaller widths are braided on both ends, larger widths are fastened with screw posts for extra durability.
Our Golden brown TAN BRIDLE leather is 100% American vegetable tanned leather, made with NO dyes or toxic metallic chemicals. Reminiscent of fine English horse tack, this leather is superior in quality to any other leash you’ve seen. Every leash is HAND-OILED to bring out the softness, so your leash arrives supple and feels great in your hands immediately and only improves with age. The color will darken with use and age to a lovely chestnut brown. Made with premium solid brass bolt snaps and hardware (gold color).
Our lovely BLACK LATIGO is solid black, and superior to ordinary leashes in texture and quality, cut from select from USA hides. It is incredibly durable, yet is very flexible. Feels great in your hands and will simply get better with age. Made with premium stainless steel bolt snaps (silver color hardware)
Choose Width Size:
Lightweight XS (3/8” / 9.5mm width)–for toy and small breed dogs 20 pounds or less. Thinner and more supple option is braided at both ends (not recommended for larger dogs, or dogs that pull).
Small (3/8” / 9.5mm width)—Best for smaller and medium sized dogs. Lighter weight leather is braided at both ends; this narrow width is very secure. Small yet strong hardware.
Medium (1/2” / 12.7 width)—*most popular choice!* Great for medium sized dogs, yet sturdy enough for larger dogs. Good for people with petite hands, or who prefer a lighter weight leash. Braided at both ends.
Large (5/8” / 15.9 width)—Sized for larger dogs, size fits well in your hands. A good sturdy weight with larger hardware. Screw posts used for durability at the “dog end” of the lead.
Extra Large (3/4” / 19mm width) —Sized for large, giant, and very strong dogs. Great for people who like a big, sturdy leash. Heavy duty hardware. Screw posts used for durability at the “dog end” of the lead.
Heavy Duty XXL (1” / 25.4 mm. width) — Extra wide big, strong dogs, and folks with big hands. Heavy duty hardware. Made with triple screw posts (no braids) – To order this option, select XL for the width, then “customize it” by checking the appropriate box.
Customize your leash!
You may choose to add features or special hardware to your leash order.
Custom leads are our specialty, but please allow extra time for your leash to be custom made to order. Popular custom requests may be selected when you order.
- Bolt Snaps are the standard hardware. These are the most reliable leash snaps we’ve found. TAN/brown leather comes with solid brass (gold color), BLACK comes with stainless steel (silver color).
- The following specialty snaps are available by request.
- Scissor/trigger style snaps are available for 1/2″ or wider leashes by request; please know we don’t recommend these as they are not as reliable as our standard options. You may select special hardware if you’d like. (NOT available on small width)
- Our exclusive Locking Carabiner Snap comes in all sizes; choose this if you desire a snap that can lock closed, ideal for “Houdini” dogs that somehow shake loose of regular leash snaps. Must be used in the locked position.
- Alligator Locking Jaw Snaps are available for XL 3/4″ and XXL 1″ wide leashes ONLY. These are heavy-duty snaps designed for working/police/military dog applications. Made in Italy from solid bronze.