Unlike traditional guide dog harness that offer no support, the BLD Mobility Support Harness with Guide Handle is properly designed for balance and stability. Adding this Guide Handle to your Mobility Support Harness will allow your harness to be a combination guide/mobility harness. You’ll find all the details about our original MSH harness here.
This handle is an add-on option. Your new harness can be made with the guide handle, or it can be retrofitted onto an existing harness.
Custom made to your measurements: MEASURE FOR YOUR HANDLE
- Handle length is measured from the TOP OF THE BLD HARNESS SADDLE to where you’ll grip the handle; we make handles to the FUNCTIONAL length desired.
- Made to measure
- if you want your dog out further forward as you walk, order it LONGER than your brace/balance handle.
- if you want a shorter handle for close-quarters, or to have your dog help pull you up, order it SHORTER than your brace/balance handle.
- Guide handles 4.5″ or longer will come with a brace to help stabilize the handle (the horizontal strap seen on some handles).
- Include a note regarding the length you need, we’ll call or email to follow up with you for all the measurements and details.
- Guide handles are not compatible with MSH pull-rings (the handle may break the pull-rings, thus voiding the warranty of this harness part).
How to order:
You may order online, call to place your order by phone, or visit the workshop in person.
- double layered 5/8″ wide leather guide handle, made to your desired length (semi-rigid option is reinforced with a rawhide stiffener)
- Velcro stabilizer straps (that secure the handle to the d-rings on the harness)
- Retrofit to your existing harness! We can mount it for you, or we can send you the handle with instructions for installing it yourself. Installation only requires a hole punch and screw driver. (Customer is responsible for shipping costs if you’d like to send the harness to us to be updated–if you select this option, the shipping charge is for RETURNING your harness to you after we mount the handle.)