Unlike traditional guide dog harness that offer no support, the BLD Mobility Support Harness with Guide Handle is properly designed for balance and stability. Adding this Guide Handle to your Mobility Support Harness will allow your harness to be a combination guide/mobility harness. You’ll find all the details about our original MSH harness here.
This handle is an add-on option. Your new harness can be made with the guide handle, or it can be retrofitted onto an existing harness.
- double layered 3/8″ wide leather guide handle, made to your desired length (semi-rigid option is reinforced with a rawhide stiffener, add $35)
- quick release buckles mounted to the harness saddle
- stabilizer straps (that secure the handle to the d-rings on the harness)
- a leather support strap, if needed on longer handles.
- No extra charge to retrofit to your existing harness! We can mount it for you, or we can send you the handle with instructions for installing it yourself. Installation only requires a hole punch and screw driver. (Customer is responsible for shipping costs if you’d like to send the harness to us to be updated–if you select this option, the shipping charge is for RETURNING your harness to you after we mount the handle.)
Custom made to your measurements: MEASURE FOR YOUR HANDLE
- Handle length is measured from the BACK EDGE OF THE BLD HARNESS SADDLE.
- if you don’t have a harness at the moment, measure from your dog’s withers to where you want to grasp the handle.
- Generally, the handle will be the SAME LENGTH as your rigid MSH or BAH balance handle so it can be used while standing/walking with your dog nice and close to you.
- Or specify a specific handle length, measured from the back edge of the harness.
- if you want your dog out further forward as you walk, order it LONGER than your brace/balance handle.
- if you want a shorter handle for close-quarters, or to have your dog help pull you up, order it SHORTER.
- We can help determine the right handle length, just let us know how you would like the guide handle to function, and we’ll help you figure it out.
- Include a note regarding the length you need, we’ll call or email to follow up with you for all the measurements and details.
How to order:
You may order online, call to place your order by phone, or visit the workshop in person.