“I’ve finally just started using them over the last month because I wasn’t sure they were any different than my other long leads…..I absolutely LOVE them! I have had dogs working in the rain, allowed them to swim and had them in very dusty environments… The cleanup and ease of use if fantastic. My other former leads, needed washed, or oiled, etc… These are fantastic training tools that I am thrilled with! Thank you! – Lorette, hearing dog and service dog trainer
Available in any length for all your training needs, from 4 to 50 feet long. Available in a variety of high-viz and classic colors.
Choose the width: (if you are looking for the Brahma XS THIN, LIGHT version for small breeds or puppies, click here.)
- ½” wide (12.7 mm) for most dogs, very sturdy for medium and large breeds
- ¾” wide (19 mm) for large breeds, this is a heavy-duty line (not recommended for dogs under 80 pounds)
Brahma Leads: Soft-Grip leather alternative
Brahma Soft-Grip constructed with webbing on the inside and a durable, non-tacky PVC coating on the outside. This durable material is great for any extreme weather condition, resilient in cold weather, and is resistant to abrasions. It’s kinder to the hands than webbing or rope, and also resists knotting and tangling, slides through brush without getting snagged. Easy to clean: Just wipe clean with soap and water.
We use screw posts to fasten the handle and hardware, so there’s no stitching or rivets to wear out or come undone (braiding not available). Can be made with or without a handle loop at your request. Yes, our famous lifetime warranty stands behind the quality of this product. (Most of our leash designs can be made in Brahma by request.)
Customization is available!
- Choose the handle end style
- Add an O-ring to the handle, or an O-ring for a slip-collar
- Distance Marker: a smooth marker rivet, or a tactile marker fob. Example: you may want a distance marker at 6 feet from dog end on a 10 foot leash. Perfect for CGC training!
- Quick-Grab handle: add a second handle loop for convenience. Example: you may want a handle at 3 feet from the dog end to hold your dog close.
Brahma Leads come standard with premium stainless steel bolt snaps! Our exclusive Shackle Snap is available by request. Or, click here to see alternate hardware selections.
BLD’s exclusive swivel Shackle Snap:
See it in action!
This is a 33 foot Brahma in 1/2″ width being dragged through the mud as Hazel swims. Apologies for the poor quality video, but the dogs had fun swimming in the muddy lake, and that’s what counts!
Note: as with other synthetic materials, the lead can build up static and attract dust and hair. But it easily wipes right off. Although not stain resistant, grime just rinses off! Simply wash with soap and water.